Release Version 4.14¶
Date: 22nd March 2017¶
- When attachments are loaded from TRIM we now store and display the document record number.
- The Publish Individual Items and Exclude Attachments settings are now stored against the Publish Destination, rather than having to be selected each time on the Publishing page. Note that you can still modify the Publish Destination from the Publishing page if you need to change these settings when publishing. Amend the Publish Destinations on your existing templates (and optionally any existing Documents) by setting these values as required.
- When you choose to Publish Individual Items you can now choose to publish in Word format, rather than PDF format. Note that this is set at the Publish Destination level for the document, not the individual item.Amend the Publish Destinations on your existing templates (and optionally any existing Documents) by setting this value as required.
Harbour Software is pleased to incorporate into this release a significant enhancement based around reporting. We would like to acknowledge the assistance and input provided by Environment Canterbury Regional Council in contributing towards the development of this new feature.
The new reporting module is available by selecting Reports from the Admin menu. Currently the reporting module is designed to allow you to report on documents,items and assignments. We plan on extending this to include reporting on Minutes and Actions in future releases.
When the Reports page first opens it asks you to choose which data you would like to load for reporting purposes. Once this data is loaded further filtering is possible. Loading this data up front significantly speeds up subsequent filtering.
The following options are available when selecting the data to load:
- Date range: defaults to the last 90 days. Other periods or a completely custom date range are also available. The bigger the date range specified the longer it will take to load the initial data.
- Include documents with no meeting date: Select this option if you are not using the meeting date or if you want to report on a period prior to when you started populating the meeting date.
- Include items excluded from Documents Overview: Select this option if you want to load items like Front Page and Table of Contents that are typically configured to be excluded from the Documents Overview page.
- Custom Fields to Include in Report: Select one or more custom fields to be included in the loaded data.
Clicking the Load Reporting Data button once you have made you selections.Once the data has been loaded you will be presented with a list of all documents that match the criteria entered. The documents default to being sorted in Meeting Date order, with the latest documents first. You can click on any of the column headings (Name, Meeting Date, Meeting Type or Mode) to change the way that the documents are sorted. If you click on a Document name then it will be expanded to reveal all items within the document. If you then click on an Item name then all assignments related to that item will be displayed. The screenshot below shows the first document in the list expanded, along with one of its items.
If you wish to view the underlying Word or Google document related to an item then click on the “document” icon next to the item name. Access to the underlying Word or Google document will be restricted to existing sharing permissions on the document.
If you wish to search for a specific item then you can do so by entering text into the Search for an item box above the reporting data. As you type the reporting data will be filtered to match your selection. For example if you typed “local” into the search box then any items that contained the text “local” somewhere in there title will be displayed. The items will still be grouped by the document that they belong to.
You can expand or collapse to the document or item level by using the buttons next to the Search box.
In the screenshot below you can see the result of searching for the word “local” and clicking on the expand All Docs button. Note also the Applied Filters panel that appears above the reporting data.
The reporting data can be further filtered by expanding the Filter Report Items panel. The following filtering options are available:
Start Date: When entered only documents with a Meeting Date equal to or later than the selected date will be displayed.
End Date: When entered only documents with a Meeting Date equal to or less than the selected date will be displayed.
Meeting Type: Only documents matching the selected Meeting Type/s will be displayed.
Mode: Only documents in the selected Mode/s will be displayed.
Assignment Type: Only documents with items that contain the selected Assignment Type/s will be displayed.
User: Only documents with items that contain the selected User/s will be displayed.
Custom Fields: If one or more custom fields have been loaded then only documents with items that utilise the selected custom field value/s will be displayed.
- Any combination of the above filtering criteria can be entered in order to build up a powerful search criteria.
- The reporting data will be progressively filtered as each filter selection is made.
- All filters can be cleared using the Clear Filters button near the top of the page.
- Individual filters can be cleared by clicking the button next to the filter fields name.
- The filters selected are displayed in the Applied Filters panel.
Two options are available to export the filtered reporting data:
- Export to Excel: this option will create a CSV file that can be opened in Microsoft Excel containing one row for each assignment in the filtered data. You can then use Excel to further manipulate the data to meet your reporting requirements.
- Export to PDF: this option will create a PDF file containing the filtered data as displayed on the page. You will be prompted for a title for the report. The title along with the criteria used when loading the reporting data, and any applied filters, are displayed on the front page of the PDF. Not that some browsers may require you to allow pop-ups in order to be able to view the PDF that is produced.