The reporting module is accessed by clicking the Reports button in the main toolbar.
When the Reports page first opens it asks you to choose which data you would like to load for reporting purposes. Once this data is loaded further filtering is possible. Upfront loading of the reporting data significantly speeds up subsequent filtering. Note that the data that is loaded is subject to the following security restrictions based upon user type:
- System Admins: can load data related to all documents for the entire organisation.
- Admins and End Users: can only load data related to documents for which they are assigned as either an owner or viewer.
The following options are available when selecting the data to load:
Select a Date Range: defaults to the last 90 days. Other periods or a completely custom date range are also available by clicking the dropdown arrow. Note that the bigger the date range specified the longer it will take to load the initial data.
Include documents with no meeting date: select this option if you are not using the meeting date or if you want to report on a period prior to when you started populating the meeting date. Populating the meeting date for all of your documents is strongly recommended as it provides significant benefits to the reporting module.
Include items excluded from Documents Overview: select this option if you want to load items like Front Page and Table of Contents that are typically not configured to be included in the Documents Overview.
Custom Fields to Include in Report: select one or more custom fields to be included in the loaded data. These can then be used for futher filtering once the initial report data is loaded.
Clicking the Load Reporting Data button once you have made you selections. Once the data has been loaded you will be presented with a list of all documents that match the criteria entered. The documents default to being sorted in Meeting Date order, with the latest documents first. You can click on any of the column headings (Name, Meeting Date, Meeting Type or Mode) to change the way that the documents are sorted. If you click on a document name then it will be expanded to reveal all items within the document. If you then click on an item name then it will be expanded to reveal all assignments related to that item. The screenshot below shows the first document in the list expanded, along with one of its items.
If you wish to view the underlying Word or Google document related to an item then click on the “document” icon next to the item name. Access to the underlying Word or Google document will be restricted to existing sharing permissions on the document.
If you wish to search for a specific item then you can do so by entering text into the Search for an item box above the reporting data. As you type the reporting data will be filtered to match your selection. For example if you typed “local” into the search box then any items that contained the text “local” somewhere in their title will be displayed. The items will still be grouped by the document that they belong to.
You can expand or collapse to the document or item level by using the buttons next to the Search box.
In the screenshot below you can see the result of searching for the word “local” and clicking on the expand All Docs button. Note also the Applied Filters panel that appears above the reporting data.
The reporting data can be further filtered by expanding the Filter Report Items panel. The following filtering options are available:
Start Date: When entered only documents with a meeting date equal to or later than the selected date will be displayed.
End Date: When entered only documents with a meeting date equal to or less than the selected date will be displayed.
Meeting Type: Only documents matching the selected meeting type/s will be displayed.
Mode: Only documents in the selected mode/s will be displayed.
- Only documents with items that contain the selected assignment type/s will be displayed.
- When a document is expanded only items that contain the selected assignment type/s will be displayed.
- When an item is expanded only assignments matching the selected assignment type/s will be displayed.
- Only documents with items that contain assignments related to the selected user/s will be displayed.
- When a document is expanded only items that contain assignments related to the selected user/s will be displayed.
- When an item is expanded only assignments related to the selected user/s will be displayed.
Custom Fields: If one or more custom fields have been loaded then only documents with items that utilise the selected custom field value/s will be displayed.
Notes to Filtering Data
- Any combination of the above filtering criteria can be entered in order to build up a powerful search criteria.
- The reporting data will be progressively filtered as each filter selection is made.
- All filters can be cleared using the Clear Filters button near the top of the page.
- Individual filters can be cleared by clicking the button next to the filter fields name.
- The filters selected are displayed in the expandable Applied Filters panel.
Two options are available to export the filtered reporting data:
- Export to Excel: this option will create a CSV file that can be opened in Microsoft Excel containing one row for each assignment in the filtered data. You can then use Excel to further manipulate the data to meet your reporting requirements.
Export to PDF:
This option will create a PDF file containing the filtered data as displayed on the page.
You will be prompted for a title for the report.
The title along with the criteria used when loading the reporting data, and any applied filters, are displayed on the front page of the PDF.
Note that some browsers may require you to allow pop-ups in order to be able to view the PDF that is produced. If the PDF does not appear then look for a small icon in the address bar of your browser. When clicked this should give you the option to allow pop-ups for Doc Assembler. Once you have allowed pop-ups you will need to click the Export to PDF button again to re-generate your report.