Release Version 21.08.1¶
Date: 2nd September 2021¶
Moving and Copying Items¶
- When an item is copied all completed assignments are reset to incomplete. We now provide a checkbox option, that when it is unticked, will leave completed assignments as they are. An example of where this feature is required is a report copied from an ELT or briefing meeting to the Council meeting, where no changes are required, and therefore there is no need to re-initiate the approval process for the report. In this case the assignment log from the source item is copied forward to the target item.
- When moving an item we now record the destination where the item is moved to in the Assignment Log.
- When copying an item we now record the source where the item is copied from in the Assignment Log of the target item.
- When copying an item we now record the destination where the item is copied to in the Assignment Log of the source item.
Hyperlinks in Reference Documents¶
Administrators can now add hyperlinks to the Reference Documents section on the Dashboard page. In the past if links were needed they had to be added into a document that was then uploaded to the Reference Documents panel:
Admin Menu Layout¶
We've updated the layout of the Admin menu to make it easier to navigate. The 4 most often used items for day to day usage are contained in the first group. General "lookup" configuration items are in the second group. User related items are in the third group and system related items in the fourth group.
Action Processing Page Layout¶
We've moved the Action Status drop down into the same panel as the Action Taken. This is to help users to remember to update the Action Status at the same time that they are entering their Action Taken:
Header and Footer Image Scaling¶
We've added a new Image Scaling option to the Style Sheet Page Header and Page Footer panels to make it easier to get high quality images in the header/footer set to the required size. Start off with a high quality image - it doesn't matter if it is larger than what is required. Generally you will then want to experiment with a value between 0 and 100 in order to get the image to the size that you want. A value of 0 or 100 means that no scaling will be performed.
Option to Hide Item Level Publishing Panel¶
A new option to hide the item level Publishing panel, is now available for sites that do not publish individual report items to their Document Management system.
Directorate, Department and Position in Assign Panel¶
When assigning users we now display their directorate, department and position - presuming these have been imported from Active Directory or manually entered into their user record. These values can be used to filter the list of users in the Search box i.e. it would be possible to filter the list of users to only display users from the Corporate Services directorate. The display of these additional details can be turned off by unticking the Show User Details checkbox.
Action Register Data Export¶
We have made the following improvements to the display and export of data in the Action Register:
- When we display data in the register we now wrap it in the Text Editor Defaults that are configured in the System Config area. This means that your default font should now appear correctly in the register. This flows through to data exported to Word or PDF from the register.
- When data is exported to Excel we are now replacing certain characters that were not rendered correclty in the CSV format that is used for the Excel export. The characters that are being replaced are the em dash, en dash, ampersand and some unusual quotation marks.
Hiding and Showing Inactive Records¶
By default we now hide inactive records when viewing the following maintenance pages via the Admin menu:
- Action Statuses
- Assignment Groups
- Custom Fields
- Meeting Types
- Minute Types
- Report Number Prefixes
- Resolution Number Prefixes
On each of these pages we provide a Show Inactive button to enable viewing of inactive items. Inactive buttons will appear with a line through the name of the items i.e. with strikethrough formatting.
Custom Field Maintenance¶
We have made the following improvements to the maintenance of custom field groups and values:
- The Order field defaults to zero, to avoid an error if this field is not populated.
- By default we hide inactive groups and values within their respective panels. A Show Inactive button is provided if you need to view inactive records.
- When setting a custom field group as inactive all values associated to that group will also be set to inactive.
- When attempting to delete custom field groups and values we now provide user friendly messages if a group or value is unable to be deleted due to having been applied to a document. In the case of a group that contains values the system offers to inactive the group and all of its values. In the case of a value that has been used, the system automatically marks the value as inactive instead, after first advising the user that this will occur.
Assignment Groups Drop Down¶
We fixed an issue that stopped the Assignment Groups drop down from being displayed, in certain circumstances, in the Assignments panel on the Document Assembly page.
Loading of Resolution Register¶
We have made some changes to cause the Resolution Register, both internal and public, to load faster.
Text Editor Default Colour¶
When creating new minute types or custom fields we now ensure that the default text colour is black, rather than a slightly grey colour in some browsers.
Update to Latest Microsoft Authentication and Graph APIs¶
In this version we have moved all of our references to Microsoft authentication and query APIs to the latest versions. In technical terms we have moved from ADAL to MSAL for authentication and from the Azure AD Graph to the Microsoft Graph for other API calls. This move was necessary as Microsoft have deprecated the old methods and will stop supporting them or providing security updates from 30 June 2022. One of the benefits of this change is that Doc Assembler no longer requires legacy authentication to be enabled for Office 365. Please pass this information along to your IT area as many of them have contacted us wanting to be able to disable legacy authentication for Office 365.
Even though we have moved our code to use the new APIs we are still supporting legacy authentication in the interim to enable a smooth transition. We recommend that you get your IT area to follow the process outlined below as soon as possible to make the move away from legacy authentication. Please note that we have taken this opportunity to streamline the permissions that we ask for and to use "Delegated" permissions wherever possible. Further details of the benefit of this approach are provided below.
- On the System Config page open the Azure Active Directory panel and go through the Active Directory organisation sign-up process by clicking the Sign-Up Organisation button. More details on the updated sign-up process are provided below.
- Once the sign-up process has been completed untick the Use Legacy Authentication checkbox in the Azure Active Directory panel.
Azure Active Directory Organisation Sign-Up
- This process requires someone with administrative rights to your Azure Active Directory as it's purpose is to authorise the access that Doc Assembler requires to your Office 365 environment.
- The permissions that the user will be asked to authorise are contained in the screenshot below:
Please note that with the exception of the Directory.ReadAll and Group.ReadAll permissions, which are used when importing users from Active Directory, all of the permissions requested are "Delegated". This means that they only operate in the context of either the signed in user or the system user configured in the Cloud Drive Credentials panel of the System Config page. Details of the benefit of using delegated permissions are outlined in the following Microsoft documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/auth/auth-concepts#microsoft-graph-permissions
- In the Azure Active Directory panel of the System Config page click the Sign-Up Organisation button.
- You will then be redirected to another page where you need to click the Process Organisation Sign-Up button.
- You will then be directed to a Microsoft authorisation modal form similar to the one shown in the screenshot below. Note that you can view further details of each permission by clicking the down arrow to the left of the permission.
- After successfully authorising these permissions you will be redirected back to the Doc Assembler System Config page.
Please note that due to the changes to use "Delegated" permissions wherever possible in order to reduce the level of permission required by Doc Assembler, those sites who are using the SharePoint Integration feature and publishing to SharePoint, will need to give the Doc Assembler system user, configured in the Cloud Drive Credentials panel, permission to be able to write to all folders that you expect your users to be publishing to.